Original topic:

AR Emojis not visible in Messenger

(Topic created: a month ago)
Skai_Rippa
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hey, guys. Just wondering why our customized emojis on AR Emoji aren't showing up on Messenger. I sent my mom my customized emoji and it's not appearing in her end. I tried to send one on her phone as well and it's not showing up on mine either. It's just a block of gray.

How do we fix this?

Messenger, AR Emojis are up to date.

Both Samsung A15.

Thanks.

0 Likes
9 Replies
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Try > clear the messenger app cache > restarting the phone often solves many glitches and issues > file size in messenger can't exceed 25MB, I wouldn't think AR emoji file size would be a problem though. Unstable Wi-Fi would cause this issue.
0 Likes
Skai_Rippa
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi, @MrGhoul. I cleared app cache for Messenger and restarted my phone. Sent an AR Emoji GIF to my friend. He says he still can't  see it. He also cleared his app cache and restarted his phone. Is it possible that Messenger doesn't support GIFs from AR Emoji? šŸ˜ž

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Can we be clear on which messenger app we are talking about?  Is it Facebook Messenger, Samsung Messages or Google Messages?  Although you should be able to send any emojis created through any of the apps.

0 Likes
Skai_Rippa
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Facebook Messenger . šŸ™‚

It can be sent, just not visible to the recipient. For them, they just see a gray block. This is only for AR Emoji GIFs. Other AR Emoji are visible.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Is it visible to you when you send it?  Does it remain visible in your side of the messenger conversation? Is it an animated gif?

0 Likes
Skai_Rippa
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Visible to me. When my mom sends me one, I can't see it as well. It does remain visible on her too. 

So, visible on the sender's side. Gray block on the receiver.

Yes, animated GIF AR Emoji. It's just so annoying. Even Bitmoji GIFs do it too. I have stable WIFI as well.

I just wanna know why . Is it Messenger? Is it not supported? šŸ˜Ŗ

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I would think it would be supported, as my sister sends them all the time (well, at least she posts them to FB). Have you tried posting directly to Facebook with it?  Have you saved it in your gallery first and then tried sharing from the gallery rather than directly from the AR studio?

0 Likes
Skai_Rippa
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I haven't posted with it. Other AR Emojis are visible though. It's just the GIF AR Emojis that aren't.  I'm getting annoyed with it because I don't know what causes this. šŸ¤£

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You should do a test post on your mom's timeline (assuming she has a FB account) and make it only visible to her and see if it posts.

0 Likes