Original topic:

Alarms Automatically Shut off After Going Off

(Topic created: 08-20-2024 09:31 PM)
Moo66
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have school in the mornings, so I set an alarm for 5:00, but I don't wake up to it. And I know it goes off because I asked every other member of my household and they all said that they did hear it go off. Meaning that the alarm is shutting itself off after it starts going off. Is there any way to fix this? I have a Samsung Galaxy A35 5G.
7 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
May not Not be loud enough for you or doesn't last long
0 Likes
Moo66
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It just turns itself off for some reason. I don't know why, it might be a bug in the Android system. This actually happens with my BLU phone too, so I'll have to check things out.
0 Likes
YankeeBelle
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Try a different clock app.
0 Likes
Moo66
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I've tried. Same results. Must be a bug with the Android system
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It's not a bug in the Android system.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I believe there is only a certain amount of time that the alarm will ring before it stops. I don't know how long that is, because if I set an alarm, I get up as soon as it goes off and turn it off because I picked a sound I can't stand.  You can set an alarm for a time you are awake and see how long it goes for.

If you are sleeping through your alarm, you either do not have a loud enough or annoying enough sound, or you have your phone volume too low (maybe because you don't want to disturb the household?), or you have some hearing loss in the ear that's not pressed to your pillow or is turned toward your phone. 

You have some options: you can select or download a sound that has a longer clip, you can make your volume louder (you are already waking everyone up anyway), you can choose a sound you really, really hate (gunshots, fire or police siren). They make Bluetooth ear buds specifically for sleepers, and you can get a pair of them and then your alarm will play through the buds and not disturb anyone else.  You can get a watch, and the alarm will vibrate on your wrist, and you can check your sleep stats to see what stage of sleep you were in when the alarm went off that you didn't hear it.

0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The ring length is usually five minutes (extended from one minute).
0 Likes