Original topic:

Bluetooth hearing aids not showing under "paired devices" in Routines

(Topic created: 09-16-2024 05:14 PM)
Bobson
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have a Bluetooth hearing aid and I want to control the connection via Routines. However, although it is listed as "paired devices" in the Bluetooth settings, when I create a routine the "disconnect Bluetooth devices" action does NOT list the hearing aid.

7 Replies
treatmedontbeatme
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Mine comes in two different setting instead of just one setting
0 Likes
Bobson
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
What do you mean?
0 Likes
treatmedontbeatme
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My Samsung picks up my hearing aids in to different settings
0 Likes
Bobson
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If you mean in Bluetooth and under Accessibility, then yes, me too.

But I want to create a routine to connect/disconnect based on if I'm in my car, my location, or the time. And inside of Routines, the HA is not listed under "paired devices" so I cannot control this.
0 Likes
treatmedontbeatme
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Ya same here glad I ain't having the problem only
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Not all items are compatible with routines, unfortunately. The item would essentially have to have Bluetooth lbe on at all times and be turned on to communicate that way. Likely, in this case, when you turn them off, they are completely shut down, making communication impossible without being turned on.
0 Likes
Bobson
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
This isn't the reason. The connection can be readily toggled via the Bluetooth settings and my car's radio is listed on the paired devices list in routines but it is currently off.

Likely, Android or Samsung has the hearing aid Bluetooth profiles protected so that they can be more robust throughout Android. For instance, even when the HA is disconnected for calls and media, it is still configurable (I think via BTLE) to control the volume and balance.
0 Likes