Original topic:

Can't find Samsung messages app in galaxy store. won't update. can't view it

(Topic created: 11-23-2023 05:16 PM)
cyni
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi, I have a Samsung a13 (4g) it's a week old and I just bought it. I'm unable to view the Samsung messaging app on the galaxy store. it won't update and the phone says it doesn't need updated. any ways to fix this??? pls help

10 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@cyni "I'm unable to view the samsung messaging app on the galaxy store."

This is normal for a system app. What are you trying to fix?

cyni
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Was trying to see if there was any way I could uninstall and reinstall updates for the application if possible. Rcs chats aren't working for the app or my Google messages app. Trying to mainly fix that issue.
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Have you enabled chat features in Google Messages? It is off by default.
To enable, open Google Messages, press on your profile top right, scroll to Messages setting, RCS chats, turn on!
Will take a couple of minutes.
Please note that RCS chats will only work with others that have turned on this feature.
You will know when you see in the text box, it says RCS
0 Likes
kimi_cupcakes
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@LongHiker This is not necessarily true. Both the default Gallery and Clock apps, for example, show up in the Galaxy Store. I have recently been having problems with my default Messages app (failed messages, delayed sending, etc.). In the settings, it shows that it was downloaded from the Galaxy Store. However, when I click the option to view details in the store, I receive an error message, and searching the app in the Galaxy Store yields results that don't include the default Messages app

I tried downloading Google Messages since I heard Samsung is moving RCS there, but it didn't import all my texts, so I don't want to make the switch. Plus, when I did try it, I set it to the default app and could send texts, but received texts still came through the stock Messages app. I can't disable or uninstall the stock app, and it says it's up to date, so I'm stuck. I've been having issues with it since my September software update.

Members_o3wlnAj
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm having the same  issue with the messages app includingtext not sendind, gifs and photis nor coming through, etc. . I get an error message that says, "This content isn't compatible with your phones operating system" on Galexy S20fe.  Needs to be fixed asap. 

MultiTasker101
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I am as well. And I don't get notifications when I receive new messages thru the messaging app. Nor can I locate it in the galaxy store. I get the same error message as stated above.
YoutubeCommenter7402
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Same here, says it is version 15.0.20.5 on my Galaxy A53 but when I click on the App Details In Store (App downloaded from Galaxy Store) it says This content isn't compatible with your phone's operating system. (2299:9909:306502b4044).

Alyssalou
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I can't receive or send texts through any app as well. So I tried going back to the system app and same thing! Not compatible, no longer in the galaxy store, and still cannot send or receive texts even a week later and trying a hundred different things. I am so frustrated!!!
Death2lois
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Is there a fix to this yet? This thread started quite awhile ago. Is there a way to tag a Samsung care rep back here?