Original topic:

Can't unlock my phone

(Topic created: yesterday)
Ginger-witch
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I'm trying to switch service providers and can't get my phone to "Unlock" . I've called my previous service provider and they can't see why it isn't working, they said to do a software update and MUST use the "Unlock Device" App. Every time I try it just says "Unlock failed, thus device can not be unlocked" but doesn't say why...I meet all the requirements...HELP
4 Replies
meself
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You should of unlocked the phone before you left t he provider if that's the case as for software update given to help I doubt that's the fix depending on the provider it could be a setting in network settings or on there website to unlock the phone if the phone was paid off and been active for x amount of times that's any carrier requirement to allow a unlock
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Your old provider should have unlocked the phone for you. If you go to one of their stores, they can probably still do it for you. If they provided you with the unlock code, they should have provided clear instructions on how to do it. If you have the codes, your new provider should be able to assist you in unlocking. Also, you only get so many unlock attempts before it bricks your phone and makes it unable to be unlocked. That may be what's happening here. Your only recourse may be to buy a new device.
0 Likes
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Okay first off not every carrier has a phone unlock app and most Samsung phones do not have the unlock app you have to get a code from the provider to get it unlocked I don't know why they're telling you this stuff you get an unlock code from your provider there is no software update that will magically unlock your phone you need a code provided by the previous carrier
0 Likes
R-Town
Constellation
Options
I switched service providers and the phone has a carrier locked. Please help
0 Likes