Original topic:

Family Sharing/Parental control: Is it possible for someone to remotely control my devices

(Topic created: 06-17-2024 10:58 PM)
PeteyTalk
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Is it possible for someone to remotely control my devices with me being on family share and under parental control without me noticing? New apps and networks are appearing on my phone among many other things. I'm evidently banned from wilkipedia and have no idea why, I don't know who contact, any suggestions please 

8 Replies
PeteyTalk
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Is there anywhere to call other than Geek Squad? There aren't a lot of options where I live
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello PeteyTalk, Welcome to the Community. We understand how frustrating it is to experience concerns such as apps installing and not being able to access websites.

This article provides some helpful tips you can try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01209886/

Step 2 will let you see if there is a 3rd party app causing the trouble.

We also recommend changing the passwords for all the accounts on the phone.

Additionally, you can submit an error report in the Members app to provide the data to Samsung developers: https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/

Let us know if this helps.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Are you, in fact under parental control?  Have you given anyone access to your phone? Are you a secondary account on someone else's plan?  Do you have a vengeful ex?

PeteyTalk
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Well possible ex situation. He had access to my Facebook and Google account and I'm not certain if I'm on parental controls or not. I'm on my own plan and have changed accounts, passwords, bought new phones and nothing helps. I've had pictures show up in my gallery that I have no idea where they came from. I've actually watched my cursor move and my computer opperate itself. I can't get anyone to take this seriously though. Everyone just wants to factory reset and tell me it's fine but it never works! My camera records me even when I'm on camera not on video. It's terrible!
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'd reset the phone, get rid of it, get another, and a new phone number, and create all new accounts, or at least use a device that's not compromised to change your passwords. You should change your banking and email passwords as well if has any chance on guessing what they are (or if they are the same or similar to the ones he knows)

You say no one takes this seriously, have you actually contacted police? Cyberstalking is a crime.

I just re-read and saw that you already changed phones, he's probably getting control through either your email or phone number, or he just plain installed stalkerware on your phone that gets reinstalled when you restore a backup to the new device. Sign out of your Google and Samsung accounts on your phone then reset your phone, but don't restore any backups--start from scratch. It's a pain, but which is worse doing all that over, or an ex having control of your device? Use a different email address when you set up a new phone.  Change it in your Samsung & Google accounts, as well as your passwords (again, from an uncompromised device). Every time you change a password, he probably sees what you changed it to.  Unfortunately, you may have to just change your email account and let only those that have no access to him have it.

Spunkylittledude
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Lol
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Oh, and if you have a home computer he had access to, download Malwarebytes (malwarebytes.com or the Play store, if you just want the phone version) and run a deep scan.  Because of your situation, you should actually use the paid version it's about $40/yr and includes protection for 3 devices, so it can be used on your phone. Worth every penny.

And, for goodness' sake, put tape over your camera. Also, if he has/had access to your Samsung & Google accounts and you used Google's autofill and/or Samsung pass, he has all your passwords.

Regismeuc
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Hi don't know if you have gone this route but does he have your personal information. Like social security number D.L. number D.O.B.? Changing passwords is 1 step and getting new accounts for sure. All of that is useless if he can call and use your info as owner. Go to settings in Google and i think security. Find manage my devices. You can see all devices your logged in to and log them out. Go for a 2 step verification when possible. Check your apps permissions and see what has access or control of camera, mic, files. You have new pics show up Check details on them like what phone took them date and time maybe location if it's active. But start with your info. Look into your router info at home see if anyone is coming by and patching through your own network. On computer use a browser that has work off line feature. Type in router address and check its history. Hope you find the problem