Original topic:

File transfer with USB cable

(Topic created: yesterday)
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

OK, I don't know which board to put this in, so I'm just going to put this here.  I have been trying to connect my A54 to my Windows 10 computer via USB cable so that I could do a Smart Switch backup of the whole device.  However, I cannot get the phone to do anything but recognize the PC as a charger.  This has never been an issue for me, as when I want to do individual file transfers, I do it via a wi-fi connection with an app that connects my phone to my computer, or I use phone link to transfer photos.  

I even turned on the developer options and made sure the default USB configuration was for file transfer (which I assume will also allow for charging), closed out the setting and rebooted my phone.  This did not help at all, both my laptop and my desktop don't see the phone as a device, the phone immediately lights up the charging animation and Smart Switch on the PC does not see a device attached.  None of my flash drives have enough capacity and my two external hard drives are formatted as NTFS and Smart Switch does not like that.

Sooooo, how can I make my phone recognize that it's attached to a computer, not a charger?

0 Likes
21 Replies
beppygirl
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The latest update introduced 'auto blocker'. If on, this will stop your phone and computer from communicating.
To check, go to settings, then security and privacy, scroll down if on, turn off. Hopefully, this works for you.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Auto blocket is off. I would never turn such a thing on, especially since Ihave my own security app and know how to confgure it so it doesnt block what I wat to acces.
0 Likes