Original topic:

Galaxy A54 Black screen issue

(Topic created: Friday)
Shohan
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
  • I bought a Samsung Galaxy A54 phone unofficially, and after using it for 2 days, I encountered a black screen issue. I tried several tricks to fix it myself without seeking technical help, but nothing worked. So, I took it to a technician. After they opened the phone and checked it, they informed me that the display was damaged, but there were no internal issues. They said they could fix the display by repairing the ribbon (flex cable), and they did so. They set up the display, and after one day of usage, I noticed a new issue after inserting my SIM card.

The problem is that the phone's display blinks when I receive a call or a message. However, if I turn on airplane mode, the issue disappears.

Does anyone know why this is happening and what could be causing it?

0 Likes
2 Replies
angelg4
Nebula
Options
What did you mean unofficially?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
So, I'm understanding that you bought a used phone off of a buying site, and now it's having issues. I suppose there's no kind of warranty or return policy. I'm afraid you are either going to have to keep paying for repairs when things start to fail, or just buy another phone from a reliable source.

The screen blinking may be because the ribbon cable was not properly connected, or any of a thousand other issues one can have with a used device. I understand wanting to save money, but not at the expense of my device not working--then it becomes twice as expensive as just buying a new one in the first place.
0 Likes