Original topic:

Galaxy A54 Microphone not working properly after update

(Topic created: 03-01-2024 03:34 PM)
deniszabin
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello.

So after the big February update, the microphone from my newly bought Galaxy A54 isn't properly working, and it is very frustrating. When sending audio messages in WhatsApp or Instagram the audio isn't always recorded, I have to continuously try to send various audio message until it works. And I've lost various minutes of audio without noticing this. 

Is there a way to fix this? I've already tried restarting the phone with no luck.

19 Replies
Mor87
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Please somebody help I'm really getting angry , this microphone, I should restart the recording many time to send a voice I swear to god I feel like I want to destroy this samsung phone , why did I buy Samsung I don know 

0 Likes
deniszabin
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes, everything has permissions and my mic isn't blocked, it is definitely a firmware/software problem after the Android 14 update as everybody else on the internet is reporting. It seems that deactivating Bixby Voice fixes the issue, but that's an unofficial fix, and I hope Samsung is working to fix in a soon-to-be released update.

Biowolfe
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have the same problem since December. I tried to get technical support from Samsung and they weren't avaliable to help me. It's very frustrating special because a new phone should work properly
0 Likes
NcreGK8
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

with my note20 ultra

Whenever using VOIP apps ( whatsapp, telegram, Google Meet) the other party can't hear me (calls or voice notes)

Normal calls via mobile network (sim) works fine

But all other apps have the issue

I tried checking the microphones using *#0*#.

Only the second upper microphone (for the camera) works,

but the first (lower) and third do not emit any sound. I can confirm to you that the problem is 100% technical in the system.

I tried a lot to search for ways to solve the problem and tried everything possible, but after searching I noticed in the online community that it is a general problem in other devices and it is fixed with updates. When will an update be issued that solves this problem or a way to solve it until the update comes out?

Hello, thanks for contacting Samsung care. My name is Suvarna a. This is an asynchronous channel and we are open 24/7. Speak whenever it suits you and seek answers whenever you want. We'll continue the conversation until we figure out a conclusion. It is important for me to let you know that we are experiencing exceptionally high volumes and are supporting other customers at the same time.

deniszabin
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

The problem with audio messages in apps like WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram seems to be reduced but it still happens from time to time. But when on calls, it frequently doesn't work. This still hasn't been addressed by Samsung and it is very frustrating.

Kratz
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have recently noticed that when I am recording a video when I play back my words are lagging the audio. Do you know how I can fix this or what setting might be able to help?
0 Likes
Mor87
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hey man I have the same problem what should I do I'm really angry

0 Likes
deniszabin
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

They still haven't fixed it. Disabling everything related to Bixby seems to reduce the times where the problem occurs but it doesn't totally fixes it.

0 Likes
SonjaWilt
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

The same was encountered by me, there are several steps we can take to address this issue. Firstly, I recommend restarting your phone. Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve software glitches. After turning off your Galaxy A54, wait a few seconds before turning it back on. Next, ensure that the microphone permission is enabled for the specific apps you're experiencing issues with. You can do this by navigating to Settings > Apps > [App Name] > Permissions.

Additionally, clearing the cache for problematic apps and resetting app preferences may help. You can find these options under Settings > Apps.

Ensure that your Galaxy A54 is running the latest software version. Check for updates by going to Settings > Software update > Download and install.

If the problem persists, you may need to consider performing a factory reset. Remember to back up your data before proceeding with this step.

If none of these solutions resolve the microphone problem, there may be a hardware-related issue. I hope these suggestions help resolve the microphone issue on your Galaxy A54.  For detail solution install nba 2k20 v98 apk + obb free download. I hope your issue get resolved.

0 Likes
userdBQJ1Wx3jH
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi yes I bought mine around the same time and have the same issue. It takes multiple attempts for the microphone to work. I think there's a delay, because when I ask google something with the mic, it doesn't pick up voice until after about 10 seconds, and then I can ask. If I close out of it immediately, then the second or third time I try there isn't a delay. This problem went away after a June 2024 update, but now I have no voice-to-text capabilities in messenger or in messages. I went through all trouble shooting steps, and everything is right, the microphone symbol simply isn't there and I can't re-add it. 

0 Likes