Original topic:

Google Photos does not back photos up automatically

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 12:48 PM)
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Today I opened Google Photos on my A03s phone and noticed that said that it was backing up 11 photos, most of which I had taken a month ago. I have the "Backup" setting turned on, implying that the phone should be constantly backing up everything relating to Google, even when I'm not running any specific app. I would have expected all these photos to be backed up weeks ago. Strangely, other photos that were taken around that same time have apparently been backed up automatically. The phone has been on and connected to WiFi for long periods of time since the photos were taken, so this is not a matter of Google waiting to connect to WiFi.

I watched as it backed up all but 8 photos, then closed the app, figuring it was continuing. Now I reopened the app, and now the "backup" screen just hangs, saying that it is "Getting ready to back up" with "8 items left to back up". But it never gets out of this mode. My WiFi has been connected all along, Google Photos was backing up successfully just minutes ago, and now it is hung.

So I tried restarting the phone and then reopening Google Photos. I was pleased to see that it was once again backing up pix. But after backing up just two, it again (without my closing the app) got back into "Getting ready to back up" mode, this time with six pix waiting for backup. So I'm guessing that either Google Photos or Android has some nasty bug that gets it perennially stuck in this mode, which is why my photos aren't automatically backing up on my A03s.

Just one of so many aggravating failures of my Samsung phones.
10 Replies
Pampkin
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yes it's ongoing. Had to disable screen time out too since when my screen times out, it also stops.
0 Likes