Original topic:

Group Texts Separating into Different Groups

(Topic created: a week ago)
userIF93Ok7Rlx
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi, recently my Google Messages group messages started to separate into different group texts with the same person, depending on who was responding. I checked the setting and didn't find anything.

I tried the Samsung Messages app and the same thing happened. I cleared cache, same thing. I reinstalled Google Messages, and the same thing happens.

Checked the phone (A32) settings and am not seeing anything that would cause this. I DO see the setting that would turn on/off individual replies. It's set to group messaging, of course.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

8 Replies
Gucci4
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I woke up to a group mass text that was from someone else. I do not know how to fix it.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

If you don't know anyone in the group, it's possible the creator of the group entered a number incorrectly, and it happened to be yours. If it was from an unknown in a group you had started, is it possible a participant in the group added someone else? If it's a group completely unknown to you, you can just block it.  If someone added an additional person, I don't believe there is a way to remove that person from the chat.  You can try to find out who added them and why.

0 Likes
userIF93Ok7Rlx
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

No, it's all people I know.
I had recently changed my number, so they pulled out my old one and input my new one. But I don't think that this would make it where I'm getting multiple streams of the same people texting each other and me.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

That previous comment was meant for the other person who asked a question in this post.  I'm sorry, I shouldn't have answered it here, but since it wasn't entirely off topic, I did.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Is it possible that someone or multiple someones started a splinter group(s) to exclude someone else but kept you in it?

0 Likes
userIF93Ok7Rlx
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Every time someone replies, it starts a new group text with their reply, and the top of it says "[replier name] created this group MMS with you and 13 others"

Each says this.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

The only thing I can suggest is for you to delete the group chat and ask all the participants to do the same and then start over.  I would hope that maybe it's just general chit chat and not anything important that needs to be saved. If it is something that needs to be saved, get an SMS backup app from the Play store and back up that group chat first.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Is it happening to the others in the group as well, or just you?

0 Likes