Original topic:

Hidden tabs showing up after unlocking phone

(Topic created: 08-10-2024 03:30 PM)
poppawheelie
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Every time I unlock my phone, hidden tabs show up. Usually it looks like ads or some kind of spam. Usually 6+. How do I stop these?

10 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Where do they show, on your lock screen? On your home screen? In your browser?  What do you mean by tabs? Can you provide a screen shot?

Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Might be the Samsung Global Goals app?
0 Likes
purplefr
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Probably same issue I've had when I try to text or anything tab page like when u save and. Where rowse you can save or delete all the recent pages that open that keeps opening even though I don't want it to . I saw where someone mention global goals page well I delete see if helped ill try ill let u know if it works
0 Likes
poppawheelie
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Let me know. Thank you.
0 Likes
poppawheelie
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I'm not sure if the whole screenshot is showing. It pops up when I unlock my phone. Today, I wasn't on my phone, but 11 tabs showed up.1723422038744.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

That is malware/adware. Those usually come from some downloaded app. Games are the most frequent culprits.  Download Good Lock from the Samsung store, and then download the nice catch module.  Go into the settings for nice catch and turn on detect commercials.  Next time the ads show up, you can open the nice catch app and see which app is sending them and uninstall the app.

0 Likes
poppawheelie
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Sorry, 14
0 Likes
purplefr
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Poppawhee and l it doesn't do as much but still some but didn't eliminate completely unfortunatelno something else wrong I read some where that said it might have malware on it wanted to make sure I don't remove something I wanna keep
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

That's malware.  You, at some point, went to either an infected website or downloaded an app.  You need to activate Samsung's app protection and run a scan. Settings/security and privacy/app security.  Turn on protection and keep it on.

0 Likes