Original topic:

How to increase chance of charging my phone

(Topic created: a month ago)
Bill S
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have a new Galaxy A23 5G, and I installed a protective case for it. When I attempt to charge it, the charger sometimes works perfectly, and other times it just drains the battery.  In both cases, I feel it click, and in both cases, the phone shows that it's charging. So, it's hard to tell which is happening. The protective case has a flap that needs to be opened to insert the charger plug, and I assume that sometimes that is interfering with the connection.

I really have three questions: (1) Is there any way to increase the chances that when I plug it in, it will really charge? (2) Once I attempt to plug it in, is there any way to tell immediately whether the charging is actually happening? (3) If I wait a few minutes for the charge level to change and press the on/off button, it shows the current charge level. Is there anything wrong with doing that?

Of course, I can always check a few minutes later (as I just described), but that's a pain in the a**. I'd much rather plug it and forget it.

9 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Sounds like the case is conflicting with the cable and not allowing the cable to connect properly. You either need a different case, modify the USB hole on the case, or get a cable with a narrower plug.

Or just remove the case.
Bill S
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Sorry, I'm not removing the case -- I already destroyed one phone by dropping it. And I'm not doing surgery on the case. Obviously, the plug on my charging cable fits the charging port. Otherwise, it would never charge. Besides, there is one standard size for most cell phones and (I'm sure) all Samsung Galaxy phones.

What I need are answers to my 3 questions.

0 Likes
Dinop43
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
To get feedback on if your phone is charging go to settings,notifications,sound and vibration switch on charging on both it will alert and vibrate when its plugged and charging and do the same if it stops
0 Likes
Bill S
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I understand "settings, notifications, sound and vibration"... but I don't understand "switch on charging on both". Under sound and vibration, there is nothing that refers to charging. Please explain better.

0 Likes
Dinop43
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Ok I have the s23fe so, under sound and vibration it has sytem sound and volume under ringtone then it has system vibration and intensity then it should have a listing of what you want to be notified about like keyboard,screen lock and unlock and charging them set volume and ststem volume haptic feedback intensity.
0 Likes
Bill S
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I found what you mean. On the Galaxy A23, the sequence is Settings, Sounds and vibration, System sound. Under that, there is a series of toggles, one of which is Charging. That was already turned on. I increased the system sound volume to maximum. The next time I plug in the charger, I'll listen for the sound.

0 Likes
Dinop43
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
On your case situation I've had those full coverage waterproof cases sometimes the plug may be to wide to go all the way through the case and into the pins correctly,or if you have a 90 degree plug they rarely if ever reach into phone and thirdly the waterproof flap that you have to open presses down on the cable head sometimes that can bend the cable head and damage your charger port pins so be careful to have a slim enough straight end cable. The last thing you want to do is damage that port
0 Likes
Dinop43
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Just make sure the volume and intensity are turned up. You can play around in that setting to find your preference
0 Likes
Dinop43
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
On system sound volume under it there is system sound theme,there is only 4 or 5 different sounds it has but i think the galaxy souund is the loudest
0 Likes