Original topic:

Is the Galaxy A15 5G able to do Mixed Reality Capture with a Pico 4 VR headset?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Members_fq0dYzb
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Is there a trick to getting Pico's MRC (Mixed Reality Capture) to work on a Samsung Galaxy A15 G5? It's really the main reason I bought that phone.

I have a Pico 4 VR headset. To use mixed reality capture with it, I needed to install the Pico VR app on the phone, which I did. My headset can connect to the phone app just fine, and I can calibrate it easily for MRC. But as soon as I start the A15 recording by clicking a button on the Pico 4, the A15 screen goes black, and the recording made by the Pico VR app has no picture or sound. I know this procedure works fine on iOS phones and on some other android phones. I think I have all the proper permissions enabled.

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix the problem, or am I just wasting my time trying to do this on the A15?

3 Replies
ohgordon
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Launcher keeps stopping
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The A15 is a fairly basic budget phone. You'd probably need a more advanced phone for what you're trying to do.
0 Likes
Members_fq0dYzb
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

That's a logical answer. However I posted about the problem to one of the Pico forums and a user replied that his old Pixel 3a does great MRC with Pico. So I got a cheap refurbished Pixel 3a and it does indeed work great for what I wanted to do. Problem solved.

Since the hardware on the Galaxy A15 is generally better than the old Pixel 3a there is probably some other reason (Android 14 or other software differences?) for the Galaxy A15 not doing what I wanted. 

0 Likes