Original topic:

Last Update Made Texting Youself Impossible.

(Topic created: 04-17-2024 12:05 PM)
Reapers
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I can no longer text myself with Google Messages after the last update. 

Spent an hour with TMobile trying to trouble shoot it. They couldn't fix it. Spent another 30 mins with Samsung support and they couldn't fix it. Had to switch to Samsung Messages to be able to do so. 

So great. An update to improve my experience that I had no choice of doing. That cost me over an hour to not fix the problem that didn't exist before. Absolutely tired of forced updates. 

The whole update process is annoying. It's gotten slightly better, but only slightly. Before, it just took over the phone. Could have been in a dangerous area or situation. It doesn't matter, Samsung says update now. No phone for up to 20 mins. 

Sure, you can schedule it now, but it still does it whenever it wants regardless sometimes. Usually, when you're sleeping and expecting an alarm to go off. Nope, no alarm. Samsung said update instead. 

Then if you manage to actually delay it, and for too long Samsung no longer gives you an option. It just does it. Forget what you were doing. 

Then you're just stuck. Watching the procces. Not knowing how long it's going to take or what issues are now going to be had with other apps. 

The best is when it changes the whole UI and everything you've memorized is now changed. Great, get to relearn the phone all over again. 

I'm thinking Samsung won't be my first choice anymore. Tired of dealing with it. 
7 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@Reapers I use Google messages and have no problem texting myself. Just gave it a try and it worked great. I'm sure that you have checked to see if there were any updates to Google messages. 

0 Likes
Reapers
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
No updates with Google. Only update was Samsung.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Not having that problem, I just tried.

Have you checked whether you mistakenly blocked yourself ?
Reapers
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Nope, not blocked. Works fine with Samsung Messages tho. Go figure.
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You seem to be the only one with an issue as no one else is having the issue. As many of us have used Google messages and it works fine

You then go into a full rant about software updates. If you're going to wait multiple days to do a software update then it will just do itself. If you're so attached to your phone that you can't set aside 20 minutes then that's more of a personal issue.

Regarding leaving Samsung because of their update process, which manufacturer do you think is actually going to do what you're wanting?
Reapers
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Congratulations, your phone works. I'm happy for you. Mine doesn't.

It's not about being attached to the phone. It's about not having control of the phone. Period.

Talk to me about it when you're in the middle of a stock market play that requires immediate action. Then, your phone decides to force an update instead.

Personally, I hope you never have to call 911 when it decides, nah... updating is more important. It's BS.

Google WAS working. Then, after a forced update, it didn't. Do you think this is the only time I've had issues after an update? Never crossed your mind that maybe I'm reluctant about updates because of previous issues?

Of course not. I didn't bring em up because this "rant" was about the latest one.

As for wanting something, I just want the phone to work. If it doesn't, fix it. If it can't be fixed no reason to have it.

This is where they told me to voice my issues. You got a problem with it. Don't read it.
Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
No issues with texting myself. Also, turn your update off.. That's why there's the option, it always asks. I'd it don't fit, don't force it, you'll ably make your mama mad. šŸ˜‚ Good song. Just delete yourself from your contacts and add your number again
0 Likes