Original topic:

Micro SD cards and hearing aids

(Topic created: 08-26-2024 12:57 PM)
chzuck1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have a Galaxy A03s provided by Tracfone.  Maybe my two issues have been corrected in newer phones but in case they were not I will air them here.

1.  Updating to a larger Micro SD card is horrible.  If you just copy the photos to another larger one all the tags that I spent time applying are gone.  I spent a day and a half trying to find 3rd party software that would do the job that Samsung should have done!

2.  I have hearing aids and my phone is not very compatible with then other than the  Smart App.  Most all Apple phones are very compatible and I will consider one when I get another one.

12 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

The lower end of A series might not support hearing aid compatibility - this is why it's important to read all specs before purchase.  Have you gone into the accessibility settings/hearing enhancements and enabled hearing aid compatibility in the hearing aid support section and then connect you BT hearing aid through there?

I don't use tags on my photos, but I would have assumed any information you add to a photo in the gallery is encoded with the photo.  I guess I could be wrong.  Perhaps the way to move/copy from one card to another would be through smart switch. I don't know if that would work, as you would probably have to have SS transfer the photos temporarily to your phone, USB drive or computer before adding them back to your new card. Your photos sync with Google.  Do they sync with the tags?  I know they don't album sync.

chzuck1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Check compatibility and my phone is not.  Yes, I did not check the specs thoroughly enough before buying.

When I first got my phone I used Smart Switch and the tags did not come along.  I had to use a 3rd party app.  I use tags a lot on PC and Phone.  So much quicker finding a photo.  I have thousands of photos on my PC since starting digital in 2005.  Try finding a particular photo if not tagged.  There is probably a better way to organize.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I organize into albums. The albums translate into folder in the DCIM folder on your SD card. Albums also make it easy to find a photo, so does renaming.
0 Likes
chzuck1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

What you are saying is true, but personally I like tags because I use them all the time on my PC photos.  I just think it is easier to locate specific photos.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
As for #1 I would recommend stop using tags and start putting the tags into the file name itself. This way the tags won't get deleted somehow and a quick search for the tag will still find the file. This happens to people all the time.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You don't have these settings in accessibility?

Screenshot_20240826_181720_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20240826_181728_Settings.jpg

What version of Android are you running?

Do you have this setting in your phone dialer app?

Screenshot_20240826_182845_Call settings.jpgScreenshot_20240826_182704_Call settings.jpg

0 Likes
chzuck1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Nope.  Running latest Android 13.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You still need to get a phone capable of running 14.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

As I understand it the A03 only goes up to Android 12, so it's already 2 Android versions outdated.  You can purchase an unlocked A15 from Samsung or Tracfone has the A23 which, I don't know which plan you are on, but they say it's free with a 6-month or one year plan. So you might want to see about trading up.  I believe all phones running Android 14 will be hearing aid compatible.

0 Likes