Original topic:

Not receiving text messages

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Tattooedwitch
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

A little more than a month ago I bought a new Samsung A15 and at first was very happy with it.  Now I just want to launch it into outerspace.

I cannot receive text messages from iPhone users, which is everyone I work with as well as half of my family members.  I've done all the things Google suggested and it worked for about 2 days and then nothing again.

I've seen suggestions about deactivating my number from iMessage, however, my phone number has NEVER been attached to an iPhone.  I used an iPhone for about 6 months over a decade ago and hated it.

I don't know what else to do.  My phone's OS updated this morning, I've cleared the cache for messages, and reset my network but still nothing.  I've disabled Google Messages thinking there was a conflict with there being 2 messaging apps on the phone - nothing.  Disabled the other text app and made Google Messages the default, still nothing.

Going out and spending another $500-800 on another phone is not an option and nor should it be when this phone was just purchased brand new on April 14th!

PLEASE SEND HELP!!!

2 Replies
texturedwall
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Hello Het tatooedwitch,

I understand you are experiencing difficulties with SMS on your iPhone. You have already attempted various troubleshooting methods suggested by Google without success.

Here are a few additional suggestions:

1. Contact your service provider to report the issue and seek their assistance.

2. Disable Rich Communication Services (RCS) chats in your messaging app to force it to send SMS instead of RCS.

If the problem persists after trying these steps, I recommend reaching out to your service provider again, as they are best equipped to resolve issues related to SMS.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Texturedwall 1716426933101.jpg1716426933120.jpg
0 Likes
Tattooedwitch
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks for the reply.

I do not have an iPhone.  My new phone is a Samsung Galaxy A15 5G.  The problem is I cannot receive text messages FROM iPhone's.  I receive texts from my husband, also and android user, but literally no one else.

I reset everything and now my phone won't even connect to my car.  I have honestly never had so many problems with a cellphone before.

I will contact my service provider to see if there is anything they can do.

0 Likes