Original topic:

One UI Won't Stop Updating

(Topic created: 3 hours ago)
Members_e0pF3iv
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have an A52 5G and I cannot get it to stop updating One UI. It was all I could do to unlock the device and turn off wifi and data so that it would stop updating, then it updated WITHOUT INTERNET. My One UI, Google, and Security are all up to date, but it never stops updating. there have been many times where it will update from the lock screen without even installing the previous update. I got it to stop updating by turning off the "update automatically on wifi" setting, which doesn't make much sense since it was force restarting and then updating without a wifi connection in the first place. I even disconnected my router and removed my SIM card to disconnect it from the internet.

The phone is completely up to date on everything but somehow completes an update once every two minutes, in complete disregard to whether or not the previous update was even installed, or if my personal settings even allow it to perform an update in the first place. It has been doing so for the last 15 hours, and has now downloaded more updates than there have been since the model even existed.

Solutions I've tried:

-Turning the phone off, holding Power and Volume Up to open what I assume is the Bios, then deleting the cache data.

-Changing all update settings known to man.

-Installing updates for anything and everything on the phone, all of which were done over data since the wifi won't turn on anymore without a restart, which then starts updating One UI and nearly bricks the phone despite having my settings deny automatic updates.

I'm an update away from snapping the thing in half and getting a different brand of phone entirely, except all my data, information, pictures, and even some documents are on the phone. Especially the documents. I cannot factory reset it either for the same reasons. Any and all help are appreciated.

0 Replies