Original topic:

Samsung A70 not getting my internet speed plan

(Topic created: 2 hours ago)
Sanantta
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi, everyone. I have a 400 Mb internet plan, but my Galaxy A70 only shows 300 Mb when I perform a speed test. All other devices connected to my network (phones, laptops) get a 400 Mb speed. I already reset the network settings on my phone, but that didn't help. Does anyone know why this happens? Is it a thing the A70 has? My router is a TP-Link AC1200 Archer C64. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
4 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

There are so many factors that go into the "advertised" internet speeds.  When a plan advertises 400 mb, it means *up to* 400 mb, because they cannot guarantee outside factors will not interfere with the signal.  You will get close to or more than 400 mb if you are hardwired into your modem.  Wireless has so many interference factors that you will not get that most of the time. It depends on how far away you are from the gateway, if there are walls in between, someone else's signal bleeding in, the way the wind is blowing, etc.

0 Likes
Sanantta
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you for your answer. As I wrote, only my A70 doesn't reach the 400 Mb plan that I have; all other phones do, and they do so on a wireless connection. They actually get a little bit more than 400 Mb. When I measure the speed, I do it next to the router, no walls or anything. That's why I asked if this is something the A70 has, a limitation or something.

0 Likes
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Is 400mb the amount of data ? That would explain a lot ! Upload and download speeds are usually 75mbps-300mbps
0 Likes
Sanantta
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you for your answer. Well, the plan I have is 400 Mb symmetrical. When you say that upload and download speeds are usually 75 Mb-300 Mb, you refer to the A70 or in general? Because other phones do reach a little bit more than 400 Mb, which means they do get the plan I hired.

0 Likes