Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A53 5g Post One UI Update Refuses to connect to working sim card

(Topic created: 06-09-2024 03:38 PM)
Members_1sgkfxB
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

After updating my phone's Ui to One UI 6 my phone would say that I no longer had a sim card in it and wouldn't work unless I restarted my phone or took the sim card out and put it back in. After the 6.1 update it refuses to connect at all. I know my sim card still works as I put it in an old phone and it has worked fine there. So I then looked to the internet to see if there were any solutions but none worked. I followed samsungs own guide (https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-fix-no-sim-card-detected-error-on-galaxy-ph...) for sim card errors but none worked. I've now looked at various forms and seen many others have the same or similar problems with the current update. I doubt that there is an easy solution as I even looked into how to maybe roll back the update to no success . I am now 90% confident that the error is caused by the update and know that it could be fixed in future updates but that leaves me now in a difficult situation with my phone. 

7 Replies
uservWIIqPXtsn
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Same here. I have to put my SIM in another phone and then back in mine to make it work. Pain in the **bleep**. Then Samsung takes ZERO responsibility and tells me to buy a new phone. How about you fix what YOU broke Samsung!
Also my messages duplicate in the text box after I send them.
BionicBeautress
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My Samsung A42 is doing that to my sim too but not due to the upgrade but due to putting my sim in what I thought was an unlocked phone. Isn't that the point of having a phone unlocked so that I would be able to use my phone/sim with different providers?
0 Likes
BionicBeautress
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Have you tried to reset the APN settings back to default. That often times fixes a lot of issues having to do with sms/mms
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
This is a person hacking my phone please help
0 Likes
SpunMcFlurry
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Who
0 Likes
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Because my whole devices OS is reconfigured and the imei Also has imei sv code that shows its international when in fact I'm in America. I have proof and have submitted and reported to proper authorities and advise anyone who has been hacked to do the same as well as take notes, go old school and write note notes with paper and pen
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Not had this issue I would submit feedback to Samsung
0 Likes