Volume on speakers aren't loud enough. Tried volume controls, not working out

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_RfkxSOM
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I fixed this on my phone for 2 apps  Gmail and Reminders!!  Unbelievably loud now. My Samsung Galaxy A14A 5G phone is new also, same issue. Notification sounds so low I can't hear it on any app. When setting the volume in Settings the sound is very loud but not when the notifications occur on any app. I see post on other Samsung Galaxy devices that have same issue. Other posts have extensive ways to try to fix all that don't work.  I wasn't hearing alerts on Reminders app nor Gmail.  My fix is to open the app, find the Settings on the app and in the app set the "Notification Sounds". Worked on Gmail and Reminders apps. Tested and sound is good and loud now.  Each app has a different path to finding the sound settings. I only did Gmail and Reminders. Instructions below for those two. Other apps you'll have to find similar settings.

Hope this helps on other model Samsung. Each app selections different but maybe these instructions will help you get the idea.

Gmail app: note: I have 2 gmail accounts so had to repeat this for each account). If you open the app using a shortcut the choices will be different to start. Open the apps through Settings. Shortcuts won't give you the same app settings. See below.

Open the Gmail app through Settings/Apps/Gmail/Notifications. Scroll down Select "In-app notification settings". If you have more than one email account listed here, select one and then once done with all the settings repeat these steps for each account. Select "Notification Sounds",  Hit the "notification sound" , Hit "Sound" . Make sure sound volume is maximum, select and hear sound you want (I found Spaceline annoying enough to notice). Go to the top Select back "< Sound".  Go to bottom and Select "Done". If you have multiple account back< until you see other accounts listed, select the next account and repeat these steps for each account.  Test by sending yourself an email.

Reminder app has similar settings. Open the Reminder app in “Settings/Apps/Reminder/”"Reminder Settings""Alert style",  make sure "Strong" is selected, hit "Long Sound"select a sound. Note I selected "Pick It Up" as annoying to notice.  At top Select "<Long Sound" to go back. You'll see the Long Sound selected. Close the app. Test by setting a reminder

lsd

View solution in context

8 Replies
Jakestar43
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Most of the time that I see this issue it is a result of buildup in the speaker cavities. Would recommend having them cleaned out and see if that fixes the issue.
KingJ2023
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thx I'll look into it, I cleaned it with a toothbrush which helped a bit
0 Likes
DOOBY208
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Mine to have this problem
0 Likes
shaggy42
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I gotta use speakerphone when I call someone or I can't hear them
Teena56
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

This is what I have to do too

0 Likes
Teena56
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

My phone is new and I have the same problem with volume even though everything is turned up high.... its so bad I cannot even use it for google maps

Solution
Members_RfkxSOM
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I fixed this on my phone for 2 apps  Gmail and Reminders!!  Unbelievably loud now. My Samsung Galaxy A14A 5G phone is new also, same issue. Notification sounds so low I can't hear it on any app. When setting the volume in Settings the sound is very loud but not when the notifications occur on any app. I see post on other Samsung Galaxy devices that have same issue. Other posts have extensive ways to try to fix all that don't work.  I wasn't hearing alerts on Reminders app nor Gmail.  My fix is to open the app, find the Settings on the app and in the app set the "Notification Sounds". Worked on Gmail and Reminders apps. Tested and sound is good and loud now.  Each app has a different path to finding the sound settings. I only did Gmail and Reminders. Instructions below for those two. Other apps you'll have to find similar settings.

Hope this helps on other model Samsung. Each app selections different but maybe these instructions will help you get the idea.

Gmail app: note: I have 2 gmail accounts so had to repeat this for each account). If you open the app using a shortcut the choices will be different to start. Open the apps through Settings. Shortcuts won't give you the same app settings. See below.

Open the Gmail app through Settings/Apps/Gmail/Notifications. Scroll down Select "In-app notification settings". If you have more than one email account listed here, select one and then once done with all the settings repeat these steps for each account. Select "Notification Sounds",  Hit the "notification sound" , Hit "Sound" . Make sure sound volume is maximum, select and hear sound you want (I found Spaceline annoying enough to notice). Go to the top Select back "< Sound".  Go to bottom and Select "Done". If you have multiple account back< until you see other accounts listed, select the next account and repeat these steps for each account.  Test by sending yourself an email.

Reminder app has similar settings. Open the Reminder app in “Settings/Apps/Reminder/”"Reminder Settings""Alert style",  make sure "Strong" is selected, hit "Long Sound"select a sound. Note I selected "Pick It Up" as annoying to notice.  At top Select "<Long Sound" to go back. You'll see the Long Sound selected. Close the app. Test by setting a reminder

lsd
KingJ2023
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thanks alot this is very helpful information
0 Likes