JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Software version on phone shows different than in app(s)?

(Topic created: 12-29-2023 05:12 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

The system software version on my Android A03s is Android 13. So why, when I try 2 log in to certaom sites or try to give feedback on diffent apps it lists my software as running Android 10?? Has my phone been hacked?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, and thanks for reaching out regarding this. What your phone says it has for a software version itself is the correct Android version you have (in this case, Android 13). As @Trevanoc pointed out, not all apps recognize past certain Android versions, and for that, you would need to contact the app developers for more information and feedback on the matter.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Trevanoc
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Some sites may not be up to date and/or may not be able to accurately get and/or display Android 11+. Same could be for the apps if the developers of it targeted Android 10 and have not added compatibility for Android 11+.
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, and thanks for reaching out regarding this. What your phone says it has for a software version itself is the correct Android version you have (in this case, Android 13). As @Trevanoc pointed out, not all apps recognize past certain Android versions, and for that, you would need to contact the app developers for more information and feedback on the matter.