Original topic:

Switching phone service provider

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
pendar
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

So I bought this Samsung A03S that is a TotalbyVerizon phone per the box it came in. Actually it is a Tracphone that TotalbyVerizon company is selling. For some reason I was having trouble activating the phone with TotalbyVerizon. I ended up getting Tracphone to activate it. 

Can I switch to where it would be a TotalbyVerizon activated phone? I am not sure what difference there would be if any. 
 Does anybody have a clue about this? 
 I seem to be getting stonewalling by customer support.
0 Likes
6 Replies
3Fees
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Both are owned by Verizon. I'm not sure there would be any difference.

Cheers
3Fees
pendar
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I think it is more about who you have the account with and where your payment goes. What I was told by TotalbyVerizon is they think the activation was done alright. Maybe the is some kind of difference.
0 Likes
3Fees
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Here is what I have read, Total or Total Wireless has been around for a long time and was a part of TracFone as Total or Total wireless depending on the writer of the article when Verizon acquired TracFone in 2021. Total by Verizon was rebranded to Total Wireless in July 2024. Tracfone and Total Wireless differ in plans, coverage, and other features.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Some of Verizon spin off doesn't like m v n o they treat separate and have there own support
0 Likes
pendar
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thanks that is what I thought about the plans. I am thinking it does not matter to either what I have
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Be more or less no difference
0 Likes