Original topic:

The August security patch messed up Gemini home button long press

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Jamess467
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I disabled circle to search on my wifes A54, She has the icon button for he navigation bar, but she doesn't want to swipe to activate Gemini. And I cannot remap it to the home button icon. I searched far and wide online for an answer, but came up empty handed. If anyone knows how to remap Gemini back to the home button that'll be great. My wife is angry about it. 
5 Replies
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
There doesn't appear to be an option to remap Gemini/Assistant back to the home button after 6.1 was released.

I don't believe 3rd party apps have permissions to control what the navigation buttons do.

I checked Navstar to see if there was an option and didn't see anything there. (Samsung module through GoodLock)

You're essentially down to say the phrase or swipe from the corner.
Jamess467
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I noticed that 3rd party apps can not remap it. Seems Samsung missed an opertunity here, in that if you disable circle to search, the ability to remap Gemini or any other app to the home button.
0 Likes
BruZZi
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Nova Launcher gives you the option to set Swipe Up (Not Press & Hold) from Home to get Google Assistant / Gemini.

Screenshot_20240823_192915_Nova Launcher.jpg

ā€ƒ

NOTE: Gestures Option is only available with paid version.

Members_KImpHtL
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I'm having problems with Third row chat rooms
0 Likes
0riginulll
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yeah i have to swipe the left corner to activate Gemini on liked the home button better.
0 Likes