Original topic:

Why does my phone overheat so much?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
jojosfattoes
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
For about two months or so, I've been having this issue where my phone overheats and it's slowly been getting worse over time. It's a Samsung Galaxy A32 5g which I've had for 2 years and 7 months since late Dec 2021. Storage is at 86% (55.13 gb out of 64 gb).

When I use my phone for even just 10 minutes, it begins to warm up and really overheats when I use it for long periods of time. It also warms up when I charge it. The overheating takes a few minutes to go away and cool down when I stop using my phone. Even when I'm not using my phone, if it was hot before, and it stays hot/warm, (for example if I were to put it away in my purse which would basically trap the heat in) the battery begins to drain and decreases by about 10%. I'm strongly considering changing the battery if possible to try stopping this battery drainage from the heat which happens even when I'm not using my phone. I just ran a diagnostic on this same app which told me my battery is doing just fine, but I still want to change the battery.

When it overheats from use, it only overheats in the upper left corner (when looking from the front screen). I'm charging my phone right now and it's warm in that same upper left corner, and the upper half corner of the back of my phone (around where the camera is located).

I used to bring my phone into the bathroom with me to play music while I shower, but I stopped doing so in fear of the shower steam causing/worsening the overheating issue. I think this issue may also be caused either by general overuse of my phone, as I use it quite often usually for long periods of time, or by my storage being quite full at 86% (55.13 gb out of 64 gb).

I'm mentioning all of these details to be as specific as I can in case someone is able to help. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
8 Replies
skiyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Using your phone while charging, especially a fast charger, can make it heat up, especially if you're outside, for example, and your brightness is on the highest and lower end phones tend to have worse fans to cool the phone down when it heats up so just decide to maybe give it a few minute break when it starts getting hot and see if that helps
jojosfattoes
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I'll try using lower brightness and a regular charger, thank u for the advice šŸ«¶
0 Likes
skiyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If you have a case, it might be trapping the heat, too.
jojosfattoes
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
yea when I'm in a car or at home I take off the case for a bit to help it cool down faster
BruZZi
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Also Try:

āƒ  Settings  ā‰»
āƒ  Device Care  ā‰»
āƒ  Performance Profile  ā‰»
āƒ  Choose Light.

jojosfattoes
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I don't see an option for Performance Profile, would putting its battery usage as Restricted be the same?
0 Likes
jojosfattoes
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
are u sure? what makes u think that?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Download Good Guardians from the Galaxy store and the Thermal guardian and battery tracker modules. It can tell you what's going on when your phone is overheating.