Original topic:

Would anything I mess with in the secret system menus be fixed by factory reset?

(Topic created: 08-27-2024 06:00 PM)
Cowtipper
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
There are some hidden system menus you can access with the Samsung dialer like *#0011#, and another one where you can test a bunch of hardware things. Would a factory reset fix anything I messed with, or are those settings outside of what a factory reset can do?
7 Replies
CosmicRayr
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I mean it is a hard reset so it can almost clear out everything but not the OS. It might or not solve the changes.
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Just my opinion but best not to mess with those settings
0 Likes
Cowtipper
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I already did, and I'm afraid I made permanent changes accidentally. šŸ˜¢
CosmicRayr
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I agree with you. It could corrupt the system or the dialer.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

If you were able to change a setting, why can't you change it back?  Or did you forget what you did?  Restoring a backup will only work the phone hasn't backed up since making the change, or you made a baseline backup with smart switch stored on an external device. Otherwise, you will have to reset and start from scratch. 

I do not understand why people go messing around in hidden settings they do not understand.  Those settings are hidden for a reason.

0 Likes
Killjoy4040_
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Booting in safe mode and then factory reset should clear it out....no??
0 Likes
Killjoy4040_
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Depending on backup settings, you may have to set up the phone without signing in so the changes don't sync....

šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€:male_sign:
0 Likes