Original topic:

AI Computers

(Topic created: 08-31-2024 09:27 AM)
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
I would have bought Samsung’s new AI computer if not for Windows. They make solid hardware. This is not Samsung’s 1st AI computer. I have 2 and one since 2020. So, if you have a Samsung computer you likely already have an AI computer especially if its Intel or ARM. 

i watched an unboxing video and the setup process. There was over 3k secondhand anger comments of Windows commandeering a brand new laptop. At least 10 to 12 screens before the user got his hands on it. Including Microsoft downloading unknown software on to it. You will never catch me paying $1500+ dollars for that kind of experience.

1. I have to wait out the warranty to see if the hardware is sound.
2. I have to sit and watch Microsoft data dump on it for that duration.
3. Particularly the boot process, bios, and, bootloader are of high concern.
4. I wouldn't touch hardware like that unless I bought a 64gb hard drive then I would snatch it out and install my own 1TB or more.
5. After my warranty I would be installing several distros of Linux.
6. Windows and Microsoft would be a nonstarter if could get my firmware directly from the manufacturer.
7. I own the equipment not Microsoft. They are not giving me a computer. This is my hard earned money.
8. Samsung could offer a Linux Mint version. It's solid, polished and a lot more stable than Windows. Doesn't come with a quarter of a century worth of unpatched security holes and millions of hackers.
9. I buy Samsung because their equipment lasts a long time and comes with innovations and specs others don't offer. They are excellent for multi boot setups.
10. Samsung needs to better support, protect and manage their hardware. It lasts quite a while and they should have a dedicated place to get their firmware and drivers directly from them.

7 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Computers
Get over yourself.
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
WHhy are you here? This is feedback not meant for you.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Computers

This is a peer-to-peer help forum, not a developer forum and not a place for a whole screed on what's wrong with Samsung computers.  You want to give feedback, contact them directly.  If you don't like the operating system that comes with the computers, don't buy them.  You are free to develop and build your own system and develop and program your own operating system and see if you can market it.  Not only that, it is also against community rules to make multiple posts on the same subject.

I will read and respond to any posting I want to.

PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
Why is it your business? I've been using this forum a long time. They actually want to know what we want.
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Computers
Not having Windows 11 Pro as an edition selection for the US consumer market (not business market) can be an issue, you know. For example, if you buy a Galaxy Book 4 with Windows 11 Home pre-installed, and you later upgrade the edition to Windows 11 Pro, you may lose some benefits, such as some AI features not working properly. Furthermore, you risk voiding the warranty due to Knox (Galaxy Book 4 series and later). Think twice before upgrading.
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
I hear you, and I have two laptops now out of warranty. One has multiple distros of Linux on, and I love it. It's better than the day I bought it. The other one is an ARM Samsung made in 2020 it's my favorite laptop. Came with encryption, AI features, and cellular capabilities. It won't take Linux, so I have to use Windows. But I skinned it with Stardock software, so I barely know it is Windows and gutted the telemetry out. It has the Linux GUI. I don't really need a new laptop. But in the future I may get one.
0 Likes
ScarlettSanders
Constellation
Options
Computers

Thanks.

I understand your frustration with Windows pre-installed on new hardware. If you’re set on avoiding it, consider waiting until the warranty expires, then replacing the drive and installing Linux. Samsung’s hardware is solid, and Linux Mint could be a great alternative. It’s worth pushing for better firmware support from manufacturers. Using academized.com/dissertation-writing-service was a great choice for completing my dissertation. The service delivered a well-researched and professionally written dissertation that adhered to all my specifications. The prompt and reliable service was a big help in managing my academic deadlines, and I am very pleased with the result.