JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Book 3 360 Webcam quit working

(Topic created: 12-05-2023 09:32 AM)
GL369
Asteroid
Options
Computers

The camera is no longer working and I cannot find log or status for additional troubleshooting.  I've followed the guides for checking and resetting the camera.  The camera does not light up and there is no preview.   FYI I just installed Ubisoft Connect and a game, could that have caused windows 11 to no longer access the camera? 

I can factory reset, but that would be my last resort

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello @GL369! Thank you for reaching out! That's strange that it stopped working after installing Ubisoft Connect. When installing it may have asked to have permissions to the camera, but it has been a while since I have installed it on my computer.  I would recommend trying the steps in the following link to help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109625/.

If this does not help before resetting the pc I would recommend trying to uninstall Ubisoft and then seeing if the camera is working.

Also, just to see I would recommend making sure that the camera is not disabled in the device manager. You can do this by pressing the Windows key, and the typing in device manager. Or press the Windows key + R and enter "devmgmt. msc" and it will pull it up.  After that, there should be something that says Cameras/Imaging devices click on it, select your camera, right-click it, and make sure it's enabled. If says enable it then it was disabled. 

If none of this works a factory reset would be the last option. 

If nothing works service would be recommended, you will have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.