JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GPU driver issue

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 04:04 PM)
Members_E1I3rE3
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I have the Samsung 850 xac, a note book with a gtx 1060 and i7-8750h, running windows 11. this issue also persisted on windows 10, but any other driver other than nvidia driver 451.67 causes the screen to turn off after a couple seconds of the loading screen when booting or restarting. The screen doesn't turn off until I restart the notebook. I asked nvidia support but they said they couldn't solve this issue. Thank you.

2 Replies
Solution
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Computers
Could be that the GPU switching is being bugged. I had an issue a few years back with my laptop (MSI GS66 stealth) where the GPU handling was being weird and would cause issues such as weird transparency, inconsistent color temperature and some other issues (also bugged obs for my friend when his did the same.)

:warning: DISCLAIMER, THIS IS A MORE ADVANCED OPERATION, PROCEED WITH CAUTION:warning:

If you'd like to make a backup, do so now

1. Firstly, download and setup DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) that you get Here: https://www.guru3d.com/download/display-driver-uninstaller-download/

Next, boot windows into safe mode, (guide from Microsoft https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644.... )
1. From the sign-in screen, or start menu, hold down shift while pressing the "restart" option
2.After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select:

Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart

3. Then press 4 or F4 to boot into safe mode

Next, from safe mode launch DDU, And wipe the Nvidia GPU drivers without restarting, then do the same with the Intel drivers, but restart after these.

Next, boot back into normal windows and use the Samsung update tool to restore the graphics driver's. If possible, start with the Intel driver, then the Nvidia driver

Hope this helps 🙂
Members_E1I3rE3
Asteroid
Options
Computers

alr thank you i'll try it

0 Likes