JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book 12 Keyboard Case Issues

(Topic created: 07-25-2020 01:53 PM)
murse_who
Asteroid
Options
Computers

For the last few weeks, the keyboard case (EJ-CW720) for my Samsung Galaxy Book 12 (SM-W727VZKBVZW) windows tablet is only intermitently working. Most of the time, an error message appears that says the USB device has malfunctioned and is not recognized (see attached screenshot). In Device Manager under USB Controllers, the keyboard case appears as Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I have tried restarting my tablet, unattaching and reattaching the case, cleaning the connection on the tablet and the case with 91% alcohol on a q-tip, tried to update the drivers for the keyboard within Device managers, troubleshooting the device via Windows. Nothing has perminently fixed the problem. The only way I can get it to work is by disconnecting the keyboard, restarting my tablet, and connecting it perfectly perpendularly with the case. This method works about a fourth of the time. I just want my stinking keyboard to work!! I like my Galaxy Book otherwise and don't think I'm ready to replace it just yet if I can get this issue squared away.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is it time to buy another keyboard case? Or could their be a software fix?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Side note... I somehow managed to submit an online inquire to Samsung India. I wasn't exactly impressed with the response. I'm pretty sure the advice is for an android tablet, not a windows one. I followed their instructions to sent my response on July 4th, to the inbox with no response to this day. Here's what they told me to do:

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We are really sorry for the inconvenience you are facing and will help
you to resolve the issue. Would request you to kindly perform some basic steps which should resolve the issue.
Would request you to kindly perform some basic steps which should
resolve the issue.
Go to settings>>developer option >>default USB configuration>>USB
tethering please enable it.
This will help you to connect permanently and not get disconnected
again.
* After Performing the troubleshooting steps "if the issue still
persists, kindly get back to us with additional information- Error log File, Video or Screen-shots. This will help us to further investigate and resolve your concern.
* For future reference, you can contact us by sending email at
support.india@samsung.com or call us 1800-5-07267864/1800-40-7267864. Thank you for writing to us.

Warm Regards,
Monika
Samsung Customer Support

Device manager.pngUSB Error Pop Up.png 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
murse_who
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I ended up purchasing a new keyboard case (EJ-CW720) from Amazon and this completely fixed the issue. I hope this is helpful to others who may be experiencing the same problem and aren't quite ready to upgrade devices. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
userO9IGBYcO5O
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi there.

I have the same problem. Is there any solution? The worst thing is that I bought my book in the US and I am living in Australia and here Samsung don't have this model and neither support 😕

0 Likes
murse_who
Asteroid
Options
Computers

That really stinks, I'm sorry about that! I've found that support our of the warranty period isn't  Samsung's most redeeming quality. But I'm all into their ecosystem regardless. I am very curious how many other people have had this issue. I doubt we're the only ones. 

@userO9IGBYcO5O wrote:

Hi there.

I have the same problem. Is there any solution? The worst thing is that I bought my book in the US and I am living in Australia and here Samsung don't have this model and neither support 😕

0 Likes
murse_who
Asteroid
Options
Computers

@userO9IGBYcO5O 
At least for me, I replaced the keyboard and that seemed to do the trick. Are you able to order one in Australia?

0 Likes
Solution
murse_who
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I ended up purchasing a new keyboard case (EJ-CW720) from Amazon and this completely fixed the issue. I hope this is helpful to others who may be experiencing the same problem and aren't quite ready to upgrade devices. 

0 Likes
userBm3DQyK5rM
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Pls, I need buy a new keyboard case (EJ-CW720), tell me where to buy

Cw720 not working

0 Likes