Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro 360 15.6" - Power Adaptor Issue

(Topic created: 08-06-2021 10:03 AM)
userrGUPkm5ypt
Constellation
Options
Computers

I keep getting the following message when I plug in my Galaxy Book Pro:

Auxiliary power connected. Please connect rated adapter because system discharge can be discharged by using more than 10W(5V/2A) power for a long time.

Anyone else having a similar problem? Suggestions to fix it. I have used the original power source that cam with the unit as well as purchased new ones and all come back with the same statement.

Desperate for an answer that does not involve a factory reset, when I know it will do the same thing again. 

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Good afternoon, everyone. The correct charger and cable for the Galaxy Book Pro 360 would be rated at 65W, and is PDO enabled, meaning variable voltage and amperage. Using an incorrect charger for an extended period of time will have an adverse effect on you battery life, and could cause problems with the charging circuitry. The original charger is available from our parts site at the following link.  samsungparts.com

View solution in context

5 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Computers
Is the power adapter that came with it 10W(5V/2A)?
0 Likes
user9Cx7y2mXDL
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have the same problem with a second charger I bought for my galaxy book pro. The charger is a Samsung 45W looks exactly like the original. The C cable is a generic 10' cable. When I plugged it to the power it gave me this message:

user9Cx7y2mXDL_0-1635191623620.png

It does charge but I want to make sure there is no harm done for the battery and why do I get this message if the charger is the same as the original.

Thank you

0 Likes
MrTechno23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

Hey User,

I don't really know why this appears on my computer either, however I do know that I also bought a charger and it would show the same. The power brick you bought is probably too low in power to charge your computer. You said its a 45W charger, the computer probably needs a higher wattage in order to charge correctly.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Good afternoon, everyone. The correct charger and cable for the Galaxy Book Pro 360 would be rated at 65W, and is PDO enabled, meaning variable voltage and amperage. Using an incorrect charger for an extended period of time will have an adverse effect on you battery life, and could cause problems with the charging circuitry. The original charger is available from our parts site at the following link.  samsungparts.com

MrTechno23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
Thank you so much for that clarification! I was hoping for a response but noticed no one talked in this chat for a good while!
0 Likes