Original topic:

ML-2165W erro firmware stop service

(Topic created: 01-26-2017 03:54 PM)
Tweetatoo
Halo
Options
Computers

Hi!

I updated the firmware of the Samsung ML-2165W, and now the printer doesn't work anymore.

The first LED is orange and the other is red and the light is continuously o Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Thanks!!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungNik
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Ok good, the reason I ask is I saw the driver update above was from Brazil and sometimes updates meant for other countries products can cause problems in US devices.  As far as the red light though, any of these conditions can cause the On Line LED to glow solid red:

• Printer paper is jammed inside your printer.
  • A cover is not closed properly.
  • The toner cartridge is not inserted properly and needs to be reinstalled.
  • The toner cartridge is running low.
  • There is no paper in the paper tray.
  • The paper inside the paper tray is not installed correctly.

However, if you have checked all of these and the issue still persists you may want to call you local support team to see about having a technician take a look at the unit. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
SamsungNik
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Could you confirm where the firmware update came from? To you have a link to the download? 

Also, if you go into the Samsung Easy Printer Manager does it give you any details on the status lights?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userBgE7odPZib
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hello,

Link Download: http://www.samsung.com/br/support/model/ML-2165W/XAZ

Link Direct: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_BR&CttFileID=6264991...

LED

Easy Printer Manager -> (The error informs that the cartridge is not installed.)

Thanks !!

0 Likes
SamsungNik
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Thank you! Can you confirm where the printer was purchased? Also, if you remove the toner cartridge and give a shake side-to-side and place it back, do you get the same error lights?

0 Likes
userBgE7odPZib
Constellation
Options
Computers

I got the gift printer mom...

Print (Without Cartridge)

I removed the cartridge and continued the two LEDs with the same color continuously.

Print (With Cartridge)

0 Likes
SamsungNik
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I see, since the printer was a gift do you know if it was bought in the US or from the US?

0 Likes
userBgE7odPZib
Constellation
Options
Computers
probably not.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungNik
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Ok good, the reason I ask is I saw the driver update above was from Brazil and sometimes updates meant for other countries products can cause problems in US devices.  As far as the red light though, any of these conditions can cause the On Line LED to glow solid red:

• Printer paper is jammed inside your printer.
  • A cover is not closed properly.
  • The toner cartridge is not inserted properly and needs to be reinstalled.
  • The toner cartridge is running low.
  • There is no paper in the paper tray.
  • The paper inside the paper tray is not installed correctly.

However, if you have checked all of these and the issue still persists you may want to call you local support team to see about having a technician take a look at the unit. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
userBgE7odPZib
Constellation
Options
Computers
I'll try to check each item of your statement. Thank you!
0 Likes
userBgE7odPZib
Constellation
Options
Computers

solved. Thanks!!

0 Likes