JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moving files on Samsung Galaxy Book Go

(Topic created: Wednesday)
FTW13
Constellation
Options
Computers

This is admittedly a minor issue, but it's driving me nuts. I'm used to using Google rather than Edge, and in Google I can select a file and select "move to" and it moves it to my selected location. On Edge all I can to copy and paste things which wastes time and is rather annoying. I'm wondering if there's a setting I've yet to find to deal with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
FTW13
Constellation
Options
Computers

Yes. I thought it might because of the "Arm" programming it came with, but I disabled that after a few months. It doesn't strike me as being a logical reason for this.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Computers

With Windows 11, they removed the ribbon bar in file explorer, so the move option is not really there anymore.  You have been using copy and paste (and then, I assume, delete).  When I first transitioned to Windows 11, I was using cut & paste, which would remove it from the original location and effectively move it to the new location. 

That got old quickly, so downloaded Open Shell, which allows for more customization and helped make Windows 11 look and act more like Windows 10, including being able to bring back the "move to" icons on the ribbon bar.  You can download it here if you are interested: https://open-shell.github.io/Open-Shell-Menu/

0 Likes
FTW13
Constellation
Options
Computers

Seemed like a good option, I figured it out. When I rebooted it after making the changes my computer was **bleep** up. Black screen, took me some time to uninstall it and get it working right again. Tried it a second time with the same results. Something not compatible I guess. I shall continue my search. Thanks though!

0 Likes
Solution
Munnou
Constellation
Options
Computers

It sounds like you're more familiar with Google Chrome's file management capabilities. In Microsoft Edge, unfortunately, there's no direct "Move to" option like in Chrome. However, you can try using Windows File Explorer for more efficient file management. Right-click on the file, select "Cut," then go to the destination folder and right-click to "Paste." This will move the file instead of copying it.

Hope it will help!

FTW13
Constellation
Options
Computers

We have a winner. Thank you!!!!

0 Likes