JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Pro360 laptop does not boot

(Topic created: 07-27-2022 01:55 PM)
user8JhafsPa3K
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have had the 13" Pro 360 NP730 laptop for the last 18 months.  Last 2 weeks, I noticed it crashed a few times (randomly freezing every 3-4 hours).  I would press the power button for a few seconds and it would turn off.  Then it would turn on afterwards and work again for a few hours.  

I uninstalled the last couple of updates and it seemed to help with the crash.  But I had trouble booting the laptop.  I would get a blank screen (the power LED blinking and no Samsung logo on screen) and I had to press the power button long to turn it off and try again.  Within a few tries, it would start.

Unfortunately, since this morning, it would not boot at all.  The blue LED is solid on, the keyboard backlight turns on and off but nothing on the screen.  Tried many times with same result.  Pressing F2, Delete, F8 at power up did not work.

Any pointers on what I can try to get it to boot?  BY the way, once it boots, it works quite well (no crashes anymore after the updates were uninstalled).

Thank you for your help 

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your laptop having issues booting up. Since this is occurring I would recommend you back up all important data and try a power wash on the laptop. You can use the link below to help perform a power wash on your laptop. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110741/#:~:text=Click%20the%20Taskbar%20on%2...

0 Likes
user8JhafsPa3K
Constellation
Options
Computers

This does not help me.  Please note my laptop does not boot.  How do I reset Windows when the laptop does not boot?  Any way of doing it without booting windows?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

My apologies, when I read your post I thought that you meant it was able to boot for a few hours and then would shut off. Since it's not booting at all and is unable to get into the BIOS, the next step would be service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one-year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators or me to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot-type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.