Original topic:

Samsung Notebook 9 SSD replacement questions

(Topic created: 01-06-2023 03:12 PM)
Kevad
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi!

Want to replace SSD on my Samsung Notebook 9 (NP900X3N-K04US) can I replace existing SSD with the Samsung 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2 SSD.

Many thanks in advance Oliver

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers

@Kevad 

The ssd will fit, and should work, the only concern I would have is that the 980 Pro is a PSIe Gen4 drive, and those guys can get pretty warm. Plus, I don't think your laptop supports Gen4 speeds anyway, so If you already have a drive, it should still work, but it will be limited to Gen3 speeds. And if not, maybe consider a nice Gen3 drive, like a 970 Evo Plus or 970 Pro. There is a new Gen3 drive called SSD 980, so a higher number might make it appear to be better, but it's really not. Reviews are pretty bad. I was very happy with a 970 Evo Pro in a Razer Blade 13 laptop in the past.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers

@Kevad 

The ssd will fit, and should work, the only concern I would have is that the 980 Pro is a PSIe Gen4 drive, and those guys can get pretty warm. Plus, I don't think your laptop supports Gen4 speeds anyway, so If you already have a drive, it should still work, but it will be limited to Gen3 speeds. And if not, maybe consider a nice Gen3 drive, like a 970 Evo Plus or 970 Pro. There is a new Gen3 drive called SSD 980, so a higher number might make it appear to be better, but it's really not. Reviews are pretty bad. I was very happy with a 970 Evo Pro in a Razer Blade 13 laptop in the past.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"