JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android Auto guidance voice goes quiet and never comes back.

(Topic created: yesterday)
Jucytec
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Just upgraded from flip 5 to flip 6. I noticed this phone when connected to my Android auto via wire does not put out guidance voice during navigation. Other apps like audible still plays audio but only guidance is silent. If I clear data on maps and Android auto and test the guidance audio, from the car's android auto interface. The test sound plays for 3 seconds or so and I can hear it get quiet as if someone is turning the sound down. It becomes completely silent and voice does not come back. 

I've tried clear data, restart, and also toggling permissions on both apps. Not sure what is causing this. Let me know if anyone experienced this. My wife's phone works as expected and her and I have the exact same settings. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
12 Replies
userOMJn0pf6yr
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Just to add it worked fine for a few days then stopped working. 

0 Likes
Solution
userOMJn0pf6yr
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Found this on another post:

Contacted Samsung and they advised the lack of audio is a known issue. They are working on a patch. Advised that it should work as long as your equalizer settings on the Galaxy Z Fold 6 are set to "Balanced". Confirmed that fixed my problem including google assistant 

Jucytec
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I recently did mess with my eq settings! Thanks for finding out the info on the bug!
0 Likes