Original topic:

Backing up phone from cover screen?

(Topic created: Sunday)
karen191
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Is it possible to back up my phone from the outer screen on the z flip 6? 

My inner screen unfortunately  isn't working, I can feel it vibrate when I try to use my finger print to unlock it but... No luck. My outer screen still works and I can access all of my photos from there but I can't figure out how to back them up to my google drive. Which was out of storage until I realized that my phone was broken, now it has plenty of storage. 

I would appreciate any advice. I'm really just looking to back up my recent photos in all honesty but if I could do the whole phone that would be amazing. Thanks!

2 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
i would suggest trying to connect your phone to a PC and see if you can access the files in Windows explorer and copy them over you can also try using Smart switch on a pc to try to back up your files

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
RoSpace
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
When my inner screen broke on my Flip, I used an adapter from Type C to regular USB to attach a mouse , then later a splitter so I could hook up an hdmi display as well as a mouse. Got full access to back up the whole phone! Then you can turn on remote management, amoung other things. Didn't realize Google lets your backups expire, so I need to do it again. This time I'll back up to my PC.
0 Likes