Original topic:

Factory Screen Protector replacement is a joke

(Topic created: 6 hours ago)
Members_wScAvAm
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have a samsung flip 5 phone, two months old.   Still under Factory Warranty.  The factory screen protector is bubbling at the seam where it folds. To get this repaired I either need to send my phone in to samsung for 14 days or go to a local repair shop who wants total access to my phone to run tests on it before and after they fix the SCREEN PROTECTOR. I don't need tests run on my phone. I dont need a technician having access to my phone for an 1.5 hours.   I have financial and work contracts on my phone.  This is completely stupid. All I need is a screen put on it that takes 10 minutes. You don't need access to my phone for that. Samsung won't ship just the protector screen.  

I had the same issue with Flip 4.  Looks like I'll be moving to Google phone.

0 Likes
2 Replies
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Can't you remove that screen protector and put your own on like I pretty sure I've seen people buying screen protector specifically for the flip
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You can put your phone in maintenance mode, this way they won't have access to sensitive data. It's in the support section of the members apps. They will only have access to pre-installed apps, no pictures, contacts, apps you've downloaded. Password protected