Original topic:

Feature Request: Enable ALL languages on the Welcome screen of phones

(Topic created: a week ago)
job_41
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Evidently, Samsung US is neglecting the most commonly spoken at home languages in the US support in their US phones, providing just a subset of 11 languages on the Welcome (setup) screen as well as the phone's System Settings post-install translation. Even if the missing on Welcome screen language can be added post-install, it has no effect on the phone's System Settings (not applications as they are different matter). I have been trying to raise this issue for the past 3 years (since Flip 3), but I am not getting anywhere: the Samsung Support is ignorant. Interestingly enough, any international version of any Samsung phone already has all languages enabled at the Welcome screen and selecting any language in the System Settings post-install will translate the System Settings items correctly.

Samsung US phones current languages support (alphabetic order):

Chinese (3 dialects)
English
French
German
Italian
Korean
Portuguese
Spanish
Vietnamese

According to the Wikipedia, the above languages are the most spoken in the US (at home), EXCEPT that the Samsung US phones Welcome screen and post-install translation is missing Arabic (1.2 mln), Russian (0.94mln), Tagalog (1.7mln). I am not even talking about Hindi here. So, Samsung US, when this approach of yours on selective languages support will be updated in the heads of your US managers and mysterious developers?

Wikipedia source on commonly spoken at home languages in the US:

3 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Just my 2 cents I get what you're saying but I don't think it would be possible or likely to have any device with so large a language including
job_41
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
All Samsung international phones have already these languages and many more out of the box enabled at the Welcome (setup) screen. If I had root access, it would be a matter of a simple config file update: 2 min tops. All it takes is a will of some decision making figure at Samsung US to make it happen. Hardware/software wise, everything is all already there.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello job_41, Welcome to the Community. We understand the frustration with not having all languages represented on the Welcome screen for U.S. devices.

We are unable to speculate on any future updates or device settings. However, stay tuned to our page here, or Samsung.com/us, for more information about upcoming products, releases, and news.

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes