Original topic:

Flip 4 Back Cover Lifting/Peeling Off

(Topic created: yesterday)
userzBb30N8XGV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

The phone charges and works fine, just a problem with the 2 clear and colored back panels lifting off the case.

According to 2 different Samsung phone repair technicians, the problem is usually due to the batteries swelling and expanding as they age, which forces up the covers.  There are YouTube videos on how to replace the batteries yourself, but it's a complicated procedure involving heat guns and removing delicate components that are covering the batteries.  The price they quoted me for professionally replacing both batteries and reglueing the panels was just under $200 and would take a couple of hours. 

Rather than investing that amount in a 3 year old phone, I decided to accept the trade-in offer for a new Flip 6.  With tax and military discount, I'm paying $470 plus my old phone for the Flip 6.  One of the supposed advantages of the Flip 6 is a larger and improved battery.  I certainly hope so!   I love the convenience of the Flip phones but I'm disappointed that the covers separated so soon and the batteries have the swelling problem.

0 Replies