Original topic:

Flip 6 can't use "ok google" when lid is closed.

(Topic created: Sunday)
321zero
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Whenever i try to use "ok google" on my flip6 with the lid closed, i will get a black screen whith big white letters that says in Ducth: "Hi, what can i do for you? Open you phone for more.". Bizarre, now i need two hands to make use of ok google..

I am really annoyed that the phone needs to be opened to be able to use this feature. And could be the reason to return my flip6.

I found a topic here (flip5) and it says it's after an update it isn't possible anymore to use google assistant with the lid closed. There is an solutions, rolling back the update but, unfortunately that isn't working for me. Besides, i think its realy crazy that is ability is removed! 

Or maybe is some kind of bug?

Maybe this is the message that should be displayed when ok google isn't setup to be used when screen is locked?

I can't imagine that it's a security reason, i still can use "ok google" with the lid open and the screen locked. 

1000033489.jpg

1 Reply
321zero
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Even my earbuds are blocked from using "ok Google" when lid is closed. Fortunately, smartwatch is still working

0 Likes