Original topic:

Fold/Flip 6 rumors and feedback!

(Topic created: 05-31-2024 03:21 PM)
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Samsung might be finally making an wider outer screen , YAY. 

I want the top 3 cameras that will be in the S24 U, then it will be perfect!
82 Replies
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Samsung bought the technology and then killed it.  MST is dead and not coming back.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
Tankard
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Ah, didnt know that. Thats a shame, thank you!
0 Likes
Benten17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I want the Galaxy Z Fold 6 Ultra, The Watch 7 Ultra, The Buds 3 Pro, and the Galaxy Ring. Those are my technological goals for the next year.
Geno71
Planetary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Benten17 Next year? You don't have to wait that long, my friend, they'll be out in just a couple of months šŸ˜‰

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ā¤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ā¬‡

0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Here's what needs to happen to truly make the next Z Fold "Ultra"

1. A larger/wider outer display anywhere between 6.3 - 6.5 inches 1116x2484p or 1440x2484p with Bluetooth S-Pen support. No more 904p/no S-Pen support nonsense. 
2. The S 24 Ultra Camera System On the back of the phone or 200mp Main with laser auto focus, 50 Mp Periscope Telephoto 5x Zoom/10x Hybrid Zoom with 50x Super Zoom with zoom lock, 50 Mp Ultrawide Sensor with Autofocus/Focus enhancer for close up shots. Retire the fold 5 camera system please. Ai alone won't be enough to fix that horrible 30x zoom. 
3. A new smaller or fold 5 ish blue tooth S-Pen needs to be created for the outer and inner display. 
4. 5,000 Mah battery with 45 to 65w charging, we had enough with the 25w slow charging. 
5. Expert Raw/Regular Camera App needs a 24 Mp mode/output by default. 
6.Camera Assistant needs 4x,5x,6x zoom shortcuts added with a custom zoom shortcut options of our choosing. 
7. Integrate the entire good lock modules within the software itself. Skip this step because it you won't. 
8. 512 GB & 1 TB/2 TB storage options only. 256 GB doesn't have SD Card support like The A Series so...... 
9. Seemless updates across the board and better software optimization, One Ui has a habit of " Re-Optimizing" itself more often than it should when booting up the phone sometimes but that's here or there. 
10. Lastly, Trade-in value for Samsung phones needs to be a **bleep** of a lot higher than iPhones on any given day. $750 is a complete joke, stop it. 

Samsung if nothing on this list is done do not ever put the name "Ultra" at the end of "Z Fold". The name " Ultra or Ultimate" has to really mean something and must come with Ultra changes. "Z Fold Pro" would be more reasonable for minor updates/upgrades from a yearly perspective. 

samting
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I think time is up to do this, finally, isn't it?

Can please somebody pass this down to the development and marketing teams, that this is the one and crucial feature for which the true nerds are really waiting for?

Motorola Razr has the Ready For for ages! What's the matter with SAMSUNG?

I would understand, that DeX might be postponed for a year due to the issues with overheating. But that was the issue supposedly with Flip 4 and even back then it was quite a disappointment for many. So even many were in heigh expectations, that with Flip 5 Samsung will finally get the things right. Aaaaand - it came with another, ever bigger disappointing nothing.

So, what's the Flip 6 going to come with? With even more pathetic and disappointing nothing?

I think time's up for a change! Who else shall be capable to fix issues with overheating battery and stuff like that in one of their most prestigious product lines if not the biggest cell phone maker in the world? So, what takes so long? For three years now, wouldn't it be quite a shame for Samsung to still not fixing the issue and sending Flip 6 out into the world without DeX again?

I'm certainly not buying that thing without DeX as I would take it as an insult from Samsung to just not taking the development issues seriously enough for so long. And if Flip 6 would come without DeX yet again, while Motorola Razr would look any good and sturdy enough compared to Flip, I think I know, what my choice would be. It certainly wouldn't be Samsung ...

So please, give Dex to Flip 6!

For the money we are paying for that thing we for sure deserve it, finally!

Or does anybody feel radically differently about this topic, i.e. being it a shame Samsung not fixing it for so long, or most of Samsung phone users would more or less agree with me on this topic? 

Almonty
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Is it possible worth upgrading to the Galaxy Z Fold6 from the Galaxy S24 Ultra? 
betancd
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Won't know until the official announcement, but in oat years they have had pretty good trade in values for the S line when buying a Z phone.
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

It is if you want a Fold tablet.   The upgrade is definetly the form factor and the user improvements that come with that but the other most important features, Storage (1T) and camera, are a downgrade. 

I can tell you that I miss my S21U cameras on my Fold 5 but 512k storage is plenty for me. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
Maine07
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Z fold what!?No love from Samsung again on this device why?
0 Likes