Original topic:

Hearing aid issue

(Topic created: 11-13-2023 06:37 AM)
AJMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have been using Signia hearing aids paired to my Fold 5. These are new hearing aids and implement the streaming standards for Android phone, and the streaming mostly works OK. That is, I can listen to audio books or play online videos and the sound comes through the hearing aids as it is supposed to. I can also make phone calls using the streaming, but when I receive phone calls the streaming does not work and it will not work for anything after receiving a call until I disconnect and then reconnect the bluetooth connection to the hearing aids.

Has anyone else seen this problem? And, if so, is there some solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AJMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I am not sure, but I may have fixed this issue. At least it has not recurred in the last several days and I wanted to post what I found in case it might help others with a similar problem.

What I noticed was that any sound notification interrupted whatever streaming was going on at the time - listening to an audio book, watching an online video or making or receiving a phone call - so I turned off all sound notifications, but left the notifications themselves on. Just no sound. And that may have solved my problem since all of the incoming phone calls now actually stream through my hearing aids.

If this turns out to not work I will post further. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
Lin Jiayi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Reset your Signia hearing aids, follow the steps in the instruction manual to restore the hearing aids to factory settings, and then pair them with Fold 5 again.

AJMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thanks. I will give that a try.

0 Likes
Solution
AJMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I am not sure, but I may have fixed this issue. At least it has not recurred in the last several days and I wanted to post what I found in case it might help others with a similar problem.

What I noticed was that any sound notification interrupted whatever streaming was going on at the time - listening to an audio book, watching an online video or making or receiving a phone call - so I turned off all sound notifications, but left the notifications themselves on. Just no sound. And that may have solved my problem since all of the incoming phone calls now actually stream through my hearing aids.

If this turns out to not work I will post further. 

user4ExFBEQPiX
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have starkey genesis hearing aids and have the same problem. I called their tech support and they said their hearing aids aren't compatible with the zfold 5 and samsung needs to make some sort of security update to get them to work correctly.
0 Likes