Original topic:

Is the "non-slip" adhesive on the fold cases reusable?

(Topic created: 08-13-2024 12:58 PM)
Derkek
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Fold 6 s-pen case.

I read the manual, it says the front frame has a "non-slip" adhesive which bonds stronger over time.

It definitely gets much much stronger over time, is this a permanent adhesive or a type of reusable silicone pad? 

I'm wondering if I and remove it and maybe rinse them off like those reusable silicone sticky pads or if I'm better off just leaving it on and not ruining the stickiness. I like to take them off an on but this sticks so well I don't wanna ruin it! Does anyone know?
10 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Why would you want to take off something protective of your device?  Just leave them alone - it says it right there, the adhesive gets stronger over time.  Every time you remove them, you are removing some of the adhesion properties and the bond it is making with your device.

0 Likes
Derkek
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Because I want to. I'm particularly asking if the strips are adhesive, or silicone. Do you know what they are??
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
If the bond gets stronger with time they are adhesive. If you don't want them on take them off but if you want to leave them on do not keep removing them and taking them off or you are removing the bonding properties
Derkek
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hmmm, it does not sound like you actually know what the case is built with, but thank you for trying, it's a reasonable guess to me. 🙂
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

They are ADHESIVE.  It says so right there in the manual.  There is no law that says silicone cannot have an adhesive applied to it.  But, if you don't want them on, by all means take them off.

Derkek
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Actually, no, it does not say that. They call it a "non-slip pad." And they say the "non-slip pad's adhesive force becomes stronger over time.", which is why I'm so curious about what it is made from specifically.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

It says adhesive.  Silicone, by itself, absent any adhesive element, will stick for a while, but will not create a bond.

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

And, let's just say it is silicone and no adhesive, every time you remove it, it breaks the bond and eventually there will be no bond left.

Derkek
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I really don't think you know 😕 🤔 many silicone adhesive products are reusable after washing. That's why I'm asking.
0 Likes