Original topic:

New Flip 6 not eligible for Samsung Care Plus

(Topic created: a week ago)
theDVNVS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I bought my current phone the Galaxy Z Flip 6 from Spectrum, and I even pre-ordered it but I wanted to opt for Samsung Care+ since it would guarantee OEM servicing should anything happen since I'm taking a chance on my first flip.

I checked the Care+ site where you input IMEI and serial # and it says not eligible to add the service. I had already registered this on my Samsung account and it is well within 60 days after purchase. I called support and they also verified that it is ineligible but could not specify why. 

Does anyone have any idea or a similar experience to this and what would you recommend I can do? 
21 Replies
SammyNerd83
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
For future reference it's always better to purchase an unlocked version
theDVNVS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I know and I usually purchase direct but the trade in deal was too good from Spectrum
SammyNerd83
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Realistically if you look at it, those trade-in deals suck. Because even though you're not paying potentially the cost of the phone you're then locked into something like 36 payments of phone service usually at a specific price point to get it totally free these days. So if you think about it your potential cost on the service could be something like 3k. Whereas the cost of the phone if you get it at a good deal for a holiday deal or something like that with the trade-in is probably like four to eight hundred dollars.
theDVNVS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I got mine for a total of $174 paid outright and the trade in was credited in the same transaction plus I pay $15 a month for unlimited service, I'm almost at the 60 day mark to get my phone unlocked. I know most carriers work that way but I planned how to get the deal and free my phone the most efficiently and cost effectively.
SammyNerd83
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Okay, that actually sounds like a great idea. The second it is unlockable, I strongly advise you to get it unlocked. Spectrum sucks balls.
theDVNVS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Lmao, I'm not having a bad experience with the service, I had t mobile and visible before and personally I don't see a difference between what I was paying $60-70 @ T mobile and $25 @ Visible. I know its MVNO on Verizon but in my area in NY it's good. I was definitely drawn in by the pricing.
meself
Black Hole
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The added care seems to be confusing to me on when you can get it hear some from Samsung directly and sine get some other method think the directly from Samsung better to add the care
0 Likes
theDVNVS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I got it bc the deal to try the phone was compelling but also assumed that Care+ can be added no matter the origin of the phone, like apple Care, in this case because of apprehensions regarding screen durability. Plus samsung care would have been persistent even if I switched carriers unlike insurance purchased from the carrier itself.
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I got you and agree not sure the answer I would think and thus is only a guess but in your Samsung account device information for the phone sometimes they have a add warranty or extended warranty option
0 Likes