JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fold 6 Smart Select GIF capture

(Topic created: 07-21-2024 06:42 PM)
InfieldFly
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Applies to anything One UI 6.1.1 I suppose,  when will the GIF record and Oval select functionality be restored to the Smart Select feature? Screenshots can be taken and cropped in multiple other ways, capturing a GIF quickly was one of the most useful features for a lot of folks; not sure of a 3rd party alternative, but Smart Select is relatively useless now. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
InfieldFly
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Just an update, though it is no longer "native" you can still use the old tools one-by-one using Good Lock (installed from the Galaxy store) and then installing One Hand Operation+ via Good Lock. You can map the swipe gestures to the old tools (capture, capture circle/oval, and Animation/GIF). I've set mine to replace the Edge Panel with different swipe gestures mapped to each function...not sure why they're still available, but only accessible this way - however, this solution works perfect for me so far. Swipe left=GIF, Swipe left and hold=Capture, Swipe left and down=Oval...entirely customizable. 

As long as these features stay available somewhere on this and future versions of OneUI, I'll be happy

View solution in context

3 Replies
useryBXMXtXEpU
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Agreed! This was my most used feature and am VERY disappointed. My fold 6 feels like a downgrade now 😕
pitadb
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I didn't know that I would lose the Smart Select Animation (used to make gifs) feature when I upgraded from a S20FE to a Z Flip 6. Anybody know of a app or something to replace it or if Samsung plans to bring it back. Samsung please bring it back😭
Solution
InfieldFly
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Just an update, though it is no longer "native" you can still use the old tools one-by-one using Good Lock (installed from the Galaxy store) and then installing One Hand Operation+ via Good Lock. You can map the swipe gestures to the old tools (capture, capture circle/oval, and Animation/GIF). I've set mine to replace the Edge Panel with different swipe gestures mapped to each function...not sure why they're still available, but only accessible this way - however, this solution works perfect for me so far. Swipe left=GIF, Swipe left and hold=Capture, Swipe left and down=Oval...entirely customizable. 

As long as these features stay available somewhere on this and future versions of OneUI, I'll be happy