JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One UI update broke Google Maps Live View

(Topic created: 10-21-2023 11:30 AM)
rrap
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I rely on Google Maps LiveView here inJapan a lot because the GPS and compass sont seem to work well on Flip 5. Also multi window is not working even though i have it turned on. These are the two features why ibise this phone over an iphone and they were takenaway in the last update. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community. Thank you for advising the troubleshooting has not helped. 

The next step would be to try a factory reset: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If the Google Map Live View is still not working, it is recommended to reach out to Google for assistance with their app.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
As this is the US Samsung Community, we offer extremely limited knowledge of apps, services, and the general capabilities of devices internationally. Kindly follow the link below to be directed to the Samsung Community for Japan. They will be able to offer you reliable information concerning this. I wish you the very best! 🙂

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/japan/ct-p/jp?page=1&tab=recent_topics
rrap
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It's not related to being in Japan. It Live View was working fine until the update
rrap
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
US
0 Likes
Wassim
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Are you using the beta version or stable version
0 Likes
rrap
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
5.1.1 it's not labeled as beta and not sure this device is subscribed to a canary channel
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello rrap, Welcome to the Community. We understand the frustration of not being to use an app or features that you depend on. 

Have you tried clearing the cache partition and repairing apps under the recovery menu?

To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart.

If these steps do not help, try resetting the settings. Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset All Settings. (This does not delete your data, but does reset app settings and will remove Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections.)

Let us know if this helps.

0 Likes
Members_x3dem7O
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I live in the US and my Samsung 20 Ultra Google Map live view no longer works. I also tried the solution recommended here, but they don't seem to work. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community. Thank you for advising the troubleshooting has not helped. 

The next step would be to try a factory reset: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If the Google Map Live View is still not working, it is recommended to reach out to Google for assistance with their app.

0 Likes