JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Messages Discontinuation

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Personally, I'm okay with Samsung discontinuing Samsung Messages. However, I wish they would partner with Google to bring us two very important features. It's great that we got a Samsunt dynamic layout that fits the One UI reachability aesthetic but we still need:

• Actual Categories - Google botched the message organization epically. I want to put things where I want them and name the Categories myself. Even if Google does predetermine where a message should go, let me change it if you get it wrong. 
  • Proper Chat Customization - Google loves to dictate what colors we're allowed to use with presets. Why can't we just be free?? Give us a color wheel, saturation, and opacity and let us go to town. Let us use wallpapers too. Android is supposed to be about freedom. 
Samsung did these features best and I'm sure they could assist with bringing them to us while staying within the Material You guidelines. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
13 Replies
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Oh no doubt and I have and I always do. Just putting it out there for Samsung as well since they agreed to make Google's app their default and preinstall it on their devices.
KSBS007
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I love Samsung Messages. Do we have to switch to Google? And when?
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The app is prompting users to migrate. Not sure about the timeline.
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello TheVampireRove, Thanks for being part of the Community. We appreciate your feedback.

BruZZI is correct, it is up to Google to add the features. We recommend following her steps.

Additionally, the Samsung Messages app is not being discontinued. It is just no longer being preinstalled. Please see: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/Samsung-Messages-will-no-longer-be-pre...