Original topic:

Status Bar Font & Icon Size Changes

(Topic created: 09-09-2024 10:36 AM)
gserp4sox
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Samsung, I find it incredibly frustrating that there is no way to make the font and icons displayed on the status bar atop Galaxy class phones larger. It is very hard for people with vision problems to see such small type & icons. How hard could it possibly be for Samsung to add this capability? Ridiculous!

5 Replies
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Suggest it on the One UI 7.0 Beta.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

How much screen real estate do you want your status bar to take up? The status bar and icons are a standard size across all phone for all brands.  It's meant to take up less screen space.  If the icons were bigger, the bar would be thicker and take up more screen space.  You can turn on the screen magnifier in accessibility settings/vision enhancements.  You can go to settings/vision enhancements/magnification and add a screen shortcut to activate it and when you want to see the status bar icons, you can turn it on and magnify the area of the bar you want to see.  You can also use Good Lock's Quickstar module to reduce the status bar clutter and hide icons you don't need to see.

Perhaps putting your phone into "easy mode" will increase the size of the status bar. I don't know, I refuse to put my phone in easy mode even temporarily.

0 Likes
gserp4sox
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

The status bar text and icons on my wife's Google Pixel 7a are easily twice the size of my Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 6 in the Pixels normal configuration. So, there's that. Regardless, how about letting the customer decide how they want to use their screen real estate?

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Isn't the pixel a bigger phone?
0 Likes
gserp4sox
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

No. Marginally if at all.