Original topic:

Updating Contacts From Messages

(Topic created: 7 hours ago)
Nick4978
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
If I get a text message from someone I know that's using a different number, is I try to update their contact from messenger, it acts like it saves, but it actually doesn't. 

1. Received text message from person already in contacts but they were using a different number. 

2. Taped their number at the top-left of messenger app. (Brings up contact info screen with only phone number) 

3. Tapped the add to contacts icon

4. Typed in the name of an existing contact and selected them from the list. 

5. Received pop-up saying: "Update contact? This will add any info you've entered to SBB Corals's contact details and open the contact editing screen"

6. Taped "Update"

7. Verified the new number was added to their existing profile under another "mobile" type. 

8. Tapped "Save"

9. Brought me to the contact view screen with the new number added to the existing contact just like I would expect. 

10. Taped the back button which takes me back to the unknown contact view screen which still shows only the number, not the name. 

11. Tapped the back button again which takes me back to the messages app. Still shows number only, not contact name.

12. Closed messages, reopened and it still shows just the number, still not attached to the contact. 

Is this a bug?

0 Replies